Sketches

Sunday 16 April 2017

Germaïn


This is Germaïn, a very good model, which we had the pleasure to paint last Saturday during live portrait painting class. It was supposed to be a two mornings session, but somehow the painting worked out so vivid, that I decided to leave it at this. I had something totally different in mind with the red background, but somehow the red appearing in parts of the face, together with the gesso-white of the fibreboard just worked out fine. Acrylic paint on wood, about 40x60cm.
Here are the earlier stages of the painting, and a picture of Germaïn (I posted this picture without his permission, I don't know how to reach him, if there is any problem I will remove it).
I show it here to show which choices I deliberately made.

(editorial note: I made a mistake with Germaïn's name, it's corrected now).

2 comments:

rob carey said...

Looks just like him. Well done!

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Rob, appreciated!