Sketches

Friday 23 December 2016

25 years on the job

I have been working for 25 years at Tebodin. Actually, the milestone was the past 1st of January, but for several reasons it was celebrated last Friday. We had a good 5 course dinner for my family and close colleagues, in Kolentip, Maasbracht.
I received some nice presents: a beautiful glass piece, made by Belmondo glaskunst, and a frame in which all my close colleagues made an sketch of me.
Of course some of them refer to things that happened over the years; never underestimate the memory of your close colleagues.....

3 comments:

RobCarey said...

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment.

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Congratulations, that's quite a milestone. Twenty-five years is a long time but I guess if you like your job it goes by quickly. I spent 34 years at the Canadian Parliament, enjoyed it, and am enjoying my retirement even more! But my advice is to begin planning for retirement early, even if its 10 years in the future.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Rob and Michael. Well, I am not so sure it counts as a big achievement. It feels more like I just did not go away.
And even though retirement is yet another 8 years away, I do not give it a second thought; I still enjoy my work (almost) every day.