Sketches

Tuesday 28 June 2016

Eagle hunters of Mongolia

One of those weeks. I badly want something to draw, but somehow I don't find interesting subjects on the streets. I don't know, maybe I don't go outside so much due to the recordbreaking amounts of rain we have had in June.
But there was this interesting photograph humming in my mind, of the eagle hunters in Mongolia. The original picture of this boy Bahak Birgen was made by Asher Svidensky (check his site for more fantastic pictures and stories: http://www.svidensky.com/blog/the-eagle-huntress ).
In this drawing I tried to experiment with different inks, combined with watercolour, flowing into each other. Difficult to have them behave how I want them to. Still need exercise.

2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Good composition and a lot of great details in the rock and the figure with the eagle. I also like the heavier colours that you use - I think it makes your work more realistic.

Rene Fijten said...

It does? thanks Michael. I dah trouble with the background, to make it in balance with the darker parts.