Sketches

Sunday 29 May 2016

Urban Sketching Netherlands

Last saturday I went to Utrecht, to partake in the first National Dutch Urban Sketching day.
Organized (very well) by Ruud Otten, Wiltfried Pathuis en Richard Veenema.
At least 60 sketchers were present that day, and even though there were a few drops of rain, it was a huge success.
I organized the only workshop that day: perspective drawing at Urban sketching. We assembled at the Mariaplaats in the middle of the city (a former convent). I gave the 17 sketchers who stayed behind tips and tricks on how to make and improve their perspective skills, while drawing in the wild.
For that reason I could not draw as much as I liked to, but that was okay, I think I fulfilled a real need.
The drawing you see above was the demo that I did on location.


2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Great demo sketch. The perspective and colour washes are well done. I'm sure that everyone enjoyed your presentation.

Rene Fijten said...

I have had nice reactions, and maybe even more important, it was fun to do.