Sketches

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Goslar, Germany

Yesterday I returned from a short business trip to Goslar, in the Harz, not far from Hannover.
On monday evening we had a cosy dinner with the client in an Italian restaurant. After the meal I made a short night walk through the beautiful town.
So yesterday late in the afternoon, the snow had gone but it was still freezing, I took the opportunity to make this quick sketch of the Kaiserpfalz, on location. The sketch is not very good, it was quite cold and a few flocks of snow made the paper too moist. But here it is anyway.

2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

You're very brave to sketch outside at this time of year. I can hardly go out and take a photo. ; )

Rene Fijten said...

Back in 2005, in Prague, I vowed to make a sketch in every (foreign) town I visit for business. I did it to give myself an incentive to go out and notice the places I went to (not an obvious thing to do on business, it's often nothing more than hopping from planes to hotels and boardrooms). I have done it ever since, and it's how I got started with Urban sketching. So even freezing weather is no excuse.
I was standing out of the wind though, that made a difference.