Sketches

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Ruby's Inn

After our visit to Bryce canyon we stayed in Ruby's Inn. Scattered around the motel you could find ancient car wrecks and rusty tractors. I went out to draw them. Dave, our driver, was in for some small talk and joined me. He told me all about the cars, which were Ford B and A types, and an "International" lorry.

Frederick's Sun-Strippers He also told me that his mom was an illustrater working for "Frederick's of Hollywood". That's a lingerie brand like Victoria's secret nowadays. In the 50s and 60s she illustrated the catalogues.
Dave told me he was very popular with his friends, especially if they could sneak into the "atelier" to have a peek at the work at hand. I will believe these "dare-to-be-bare" drawings will jog a boys mind.
Some story!

2 comments:

RobCarey said...

Sounds like you had a great time down there!

Rene Fijten said...

Yes we did. Thanks Rob.