Sketches

Saturday 6 July 2013

Expressionism, the result


I promised to show the final painting, acrylic 50x60cm. It may be hard to believe that I painted this on location, it really took determination not to copy literal reality. On the below picture you can see that it took a lot of trouble to get the lines in the painting right, the light blue spots are corrected lines. Even those simple lines took more than an hour to make before I was content about the result.
In the end it was my favourite painting of the painting week, and I really enjoyed making it. I should do this more often.

3 comments:

irinapictures said...

What a pleasure to see your progress during almost 5 years of my blogging. Amazing.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Irina. One always tries to learn and improve.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Irina. One always tries to learn and improve.