Sketches

Friday 25 May 2012

Three for Ackland







Three for Ackland.
The Urban Sketchers organisation asked us to contribute to an exposition, in order to raise money for the USK.
The exposition will be held in the Ackland museum, in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA.
I decided to contribute, and made these three drawings for the occasion. I made them on three different continents, three different places, three different cultures, all of which I visited within one week.
First USA, Baton Rouge for business, then back home, Amstenrade in the Netherlands, and after that a citytrip to Istanbul with my wife.
I attached a real token of each place to the drawings: a Hagia Sofia entrance ticket, a part of the package of flowerseeds that I bought at the gardencentre which forms part of the castle, and the label of a bottle of Louisiana chilli sauce.


4 comments:

Rodney van den Beemd said...

Wat leuk, zo'n speciale expositie en nog wel in een museum! Bijzondere en mooie bijdagen van jou!

Rene Fijten said...

Bedankt Rodney. Zou het natuurlijk ook wel eens willen zien, maar is een beetje ver weg....

Unknown said...

I imagine it must be an honor to contribute let alone be asked to contribute to the urban sketchers and their exhibition.

Great sketches keep it up, i can't wait to see some more.
Will you be going to the symposium in Santo Domingo

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Benjamin. No I won't go to Santo Domingo, too busy at work, and I am pretty tight on the number of free days. The days I have left I want to spend with my wife and family.
Maybe next year, if it's not so far away.